2016年8月23日火曜日

Sequoia Sake and Box Shop


Some friends of mine are friends with the owner of Sequoia Sake Brewery and invited me to attend their brewery tour and sake tasting event. 


It was great-- I learned that this is the only sake brewery in the area that supplies unpasteurized (raw) sake. (Basically all the sake imported from Japan are pasteurized by law.)  So if you're in CA and wanting to taste unpasteurized sake, then you got to try Sequoia sake. They organize the tour and sake tasting basically every Saturday. Highly recommended. 

If you are interested in learning making of sake, check out my other article about Aoki-shuzo too.

Hmmmm, the photo is a bit out of focus.. from left to right, it's dai-ginjo, junmai-genshu, and nigori.

After the fun sake tasting I visited the box shop-- where the burning man art are made. I happened to know that one of my old colleagues is part of the team and he invited me to have a look at the shop. It was only a several weeks before the burning man and people there were working at full throttle to finish their work on time. The air of the night in SF is very chill-- and it was pretty much like the air of burning man on the black rock desert.




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN