2015年10月24日土曜日

Izakaya: My Favorite Way to Enjoy a Friday Night


Since I have a job in the US, I only visit my home country a.k.a Japan once or twice a year. Every time I am there, I have a list of several things I must do, and hanging out with my Tokyo friends at an izakaya is one of the most important and pleasing things that I cannot miss. Tonight I hit an old and cheap yet very popular izakaya with one of my best friends and it was very satisfying... as always.

We met at Oyama in the Itabashi ward of Tokyo since my friend lives there. It is also the place I used to live a several years ago, so the location is very familiar to both of us. We searched on Tabelog (a service like Yelp in Japan) and randomly chose an izakaya that looked decent on the review.

The entrance of the izakaya... 

The counter. Although it was a little early for drinking (5pm), you could see there were some men who had already started enjoying their Friday night...

These were the tapas dishes that we ordered. From left to right: fried eggplant, cooked tofu and giblets, and seared bonito sashimi. Each dish only cost around $1 to $2. Can you believe it.

Most importantly, beer. A glass of beer was a little expensive ($4) considering the very low prices of the tapas dishes.

Time to have a blast! What else can you do, when you have your beer and nice food? ;)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNABASSDESIGN